How to do Restorative Peer Mediation in Your School
How to do Restorative Peer Mediation in Your School by Bill Hansberry and Christie-Lee Hansberry.
This is a how-to guide to implementing a program of restorative peer mediation in schools. Using a proven approach to conflict resolution, this manual trains students to solve conflicts in the schoolyard and classroom by understanding peacefulness and restoration. A must-have resource for schools wishing to foster a culture of Restorative Justice.
This Quick-Start Manual Contains:
- Suggested prosesseses for selecting suitable students to be Restorative Peer Mediators
- Examples of correspendence to caregivers
- Guidance on implementing an RPM program into School Policy
- Step by step notes and advice on running initial (phase 1) and ongoing (phase 2) mediator training,
- Reproducable training materials as available free online
- Scripts for Restorative Peer Mediators to use whilst on the job
This is a proven set of resources for making Restorative Peer Mediation part of your school's wellbeing program.